Sunday, July 12, 2009

"Next time you have the opportunity, go on a rollercoaster"

Wauw. Just when I was thinking that maybe I should start writing without the fortune cookie messages, this one pops up. "Next time you have the opportunity, go on a rollercoaster."

Ever since I got back from Amsterdam I've been reflecting on whether or not I should go and make this worldtrip. It's something I really want to do, but have been a bit "hmmm" about, because I have no plan what so ever, no one to join me, it scares the heck out of me to be honest, and if I wanna be able to buy a few plane tickets to God knows where, I'll have to start working for a while and drop out of college.

Almost everyone who I tell my plan to -without a plan, really-, looks at me as if I were this crazy chick who has no idea what she's doing and isn't making a smart choice by not studying her ass off for the next 3 years, because "you can always take the trip after you get your degree."
Well, you know what? I'm not the kind that shares my thoughts and spreads out messages and gives advice, not to follow it myself. And yes, I am this crazy chick that has no idea what she's doing. But who does?

So here it goes: I am making this trip. I am leaving everything and everyone I know behind and I am pursuing what I truly want to do. Where it will take me, I don't know. What's going to happen to me, I have no clue. All I know is there's this voice in my head that's been talking to me for over a year now, and I don't want to ignore it any longer. This is what I need to do. I am boarding on this gigantic rollercoaster and am going to live and enjoy every single second of it. Like I said before, you only have one life and it's the one you're living right now.

Greeting you with a mind that's going a thousand miles an hour

J.

PS: Try getting away from the concrete jungle from time to time. Nature will treat you kindly.
PS II: Don't rely on technology and electronic items too much, they have no mind of their own and will leave you when you think you need them the most. So don't get attached and try going back to the basics.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there!Ur blog is great!I just wanna share my thoughts on this. I had similar experience.One day, I just felt that I need to travel to USA (Im from Asia)for no reason but I know I need to do it and I just did it on my own and eversince I had not stopped travelling and I never looked back regretting.I was glad I made that impromptu travel plans without much planning nor procrastinate about it.Families,friends were mad cos they were concern about me but I know Im a big gal and I felt that its gonna be ok deep down.Dont worry too much and dont wait.If u think,u need to travel and see the world, do it...I personally believe-Änything is possible,believe and have faith Open ur heart..."Do read this unbelievable part of my blog about Jason Mraz..fyi-Im born in the snake year too!Coincidence huh?

    http://www.putriberendam.com/artiste/calling-out-to-all-jason-mraz-fans-in-malaysia-and-spore/

    ReplyDelete